27 August 2004

End of week two in the kitchen, and it's really coming on apace. (I can't believe I just used the word "apace".) Monday is a holiday, so the builder(s) won't be back until Tuesday, but there's not a lot left - a bit of plastering still and some electrical work - at the moment we only have about 3 working outlets in the kitchen, which is slightly inconvenient. They still have to hang all the doors for the units, though most of the shelves are in (I did that myself this afternoon, to get them out of the living room). Of course, even once they finish, it will still need painting (which I am doing myself) and a new floor (no point in doing that until everything else is done, including the painting). But it won't be long until it's at the point where we can use it - I'm looking forward to putting all the stuff back! Of course, I won't be able to find anything once I put it away, but it will still be much better than having it all stacked up in boxes in the computer room. All the stuff like the wall rails with hanging whatsits will also have to wait until the painting is done, but that's the sort of stuff I can do myself - only a few screws involved.

No comments: