19 August 2004

Just a quickie tonight, as I can't really sit straight at my computer to type without first shifting a large quantity of appliances/appliance boxes. And I can't be bothered. The sideways typing thing is okay for about half an hour, but it's beginning to get on my nerves... Anyway. New pictures posted on the kitchen page for your edification. Or amusement. Or whatever.

Today's main accomplishment, though, was more or less finishing off moving the girls' room to the loft room - formerly the guest room. I didn't get any pictures yet, but I'll do that tomorrow. They are really excited about it, and actually, it looks great. It's really spacious and should hopefully provide lots of places for them to contain their stuff. Of which they have a huge amount. For those of you who have stayed in the room, you might be interested to know that I turned the bed around so that it's under the windows, with the headboard against the space between the cupboards on that side (where the futon was - we got rid of the futon). I was going to put the two new dressers against the space, but they were incredibly heavy once I got them assembled, so I decided they'd go better against the wall, as I'll need to get the Christmas stuff out occasionally (that's what's now in the space between the cupboards). Those of you who haven't stayed in the room are finding this totally confusing - pictures tomorrow, I promise.

Anyway, they are sleeping in their new bed tonight, and are really thrilled. We'll see how it goes, but I have high hopes. And Alex's room looks really empty, except for Alex & his cot full of teddy bears...

No comments: