25 August 2004

Well, someday I'll write about something other than my kitchen. But not just yet. Today they spent most of the day doing plastering, which is good, because it means the walls might be dry enough by the weekend for me to do some painting. My main decision now will be whether to paint straight onto the plaster, or whether to put lining paper up first. I know which is easier! But it might be more sensible to do the paper. I dunno, can't decide. The painting will take at least two coats (the first being thinned paint or PVA mixed with water to help keep the plaster from soaking up too much realy paint). If I papered first, I wouldn't necessarily need as many coats of paint, but I'd need to paper it, which isn't that hard, just a bit of a fiddle. Ho hum, decisions decisions. (And such exciting ones, too!)

No comments: