28 August 2004

Spent most of today doing decorating type stuff - put lining paper on the one wall I'm bothering to paper - this is the stud wall behind the fridge which is in a location likely to get bumped, so I thought best to paper it. It was a bit of a pain, though, as the end of the wall is only about 4 inches wide, which makes papering it fiddly. Looks ok, though, and I'm painting over it anyway. Did some painting in the dining room and some preliminary painting in the kitchen - as it's all new plaster, I wanted to put a base coat of thinned paint (half and half with water) on before painting - just to keep the plaster from soaking up so much paint. Sarah helped, which she thought was really fun. The main problem with kids is that by the time they are old enough to really be helpful with stuff like that, or housework, they no longer have any interest in doing it!

Anyway, I will eventually paint the kitchen walls all over with a roller (except maybe above the cupboards - I might have to use a brush there!) to make the coverage even & smooth, but not until the builders are done plastering and making a mess and stuff. Eventually I will also repaint the whole dining room and also the computer room (they join together) but I can't do all that until the kitchen is done because all the stuff from the kitchen is piled in those other two rooms, so I can't actually get to most of the walls... And of course, I'll have to do the ceiling as well. Must check and see if I have a roller with a long handle! Anyway, it felt productive, which was good...

No comments: