12 May 2019

Dinner, 12/5/19: Ras-el-hanout chickpeas with Broccoli and Halloumi


What would we do without chickpeas?  At least in this house, they are a serious staple food. (And one of the primary ingredients of one of the things on My List of Ways I Can Use Less Plastic - I'm going to start making my own hummous all the time instead of buying it in plastic tubs. I've made it sometimes, but don't usually bother. But honestly, it's not that hard.  So, it's on the list. But I digress...) This was a recipe in the newspaper (website) which Geoff pointed me & Olivia (Queen of Chickpeas) towards, and as I had several heads of broc which wanted using, it seemed ideal. Granted, it's the other type of broccoli from that used in the recipe, but it worked fine - really yummy. A keeper.

No comments: