02 June 2003

So, back home again. Of course the day we drove home (Saturday) was really hot, to the extent that I actually put the a/c on in the car - most English cars don't even have it; that ours does is just chance - we didn't look for a car specifically with it. It was nice on Saturday, though. Sunday, of course, when we were at home, it rained. Today was back to school for the kids and the weather is ok - warm but not too draining. Managed to get quite a lot done, though of course, never as much as I need to. I have this huge list of phone calls to make to arrange things, but all of them but one are dependent on scheduling an appointment (that's the "but one" call) and for that, I'm waiting to be rung back. It's all very frustrating as I keep looking at my list and thinking "Oh, I can ring to schedule a service for the car" and then realising that of course I can't until I get the other thing sorted. The exciting life I lead - aren't you envious?

I can hardly believe it's June already - and the number of things I need to get sorted before we go on holiday in July is staggering. I keep thinking mid July is a long way off, but it's surprisingly close. Everyone says that time sure flies by when you get older - I guess I must really be getting older, as it certainly seems to zip past these days...

No comments: