26 June 2003

Spent most of today at a quilt show - Lana and I managed to get a trip in to Sandown (aka the National Quilt Championships), which is just down the road from us, while the girls were in school. I dropped Olivia at a friend's house for the morning, and of course she's in nursery in the afternoon, so it was just a matter of someone else taking her. This is where having lots of people in the same road going to nursery is very handy. Anyway, we had a nice time, though I didn't buy much fabric (as I'll be spending a month in the US this summer, I intend to be very extravagent there, where the prices are much lower). Lana had a quilt in the longarm section (didn't win a prize, but as she's just started, that wasn't too surprising or disappointing), and another friend, who is in our small quilting group, won second place in one of the themed sections - not surprisingly, as her quilt is stunning; I saw it while she still working on it.

Not much else happening here. Conjunctivitis now gone, but boy do I wish the pollen count would go down. Blasted allergies! Oh well, what can you do (except take lots of allergy drugs)...

No comments: