12 December 2007

Walking the square mile

My mother and I did another one of those London Walks today - this one was called Shakespeare and Dickens' London, but was essentially a walk around the City of London (aka the Square Mile) with lots of history, focusing a little on the two authors and their works and how they related to that part of London. It was a cold day, but actually quite sunny and pleasant for walking. Here's a photo of the Guildhall building and the arches in Smithfield Market (meat market, not open in the week, I think) - more photos are in my flickr album if you are interested. I even labelled them (minimally, but at least I did it!)

1 comment:

Jane said...

I did a similarly named walk in about 1993, just after I first moved to London. I remember really enjoying it, and getting a lot from it, especially as a newbie :-)