07 February 2008

Ladies man... well, boy

My mother asked me the other day if my friends who read my family blog know that there's more about what's going on with our family on my quilting blog than over here. This is not strictly true, but there is a lot of small, incidental information about family stuff over there, interspersed with a lot of stuff about art & quilting. That's because I mention a lot of stuff in passing like "I didn't get much done today because Olivia wasn't very well and was home from school" or whatever - nothing that seems worthy of a post over here. But anyway, she said I should tell you guys that you might like to visit over there as well (though I post a LOT over there, and it's mostly about sewing & artwork). And as I'm a good daughter and do what my mother tells me (well, sometimes!), consider yourselves told...

As for the title of the post, I've just had another birthday party invitation for Alex - he now has 4 parties over the next 5 Saturdays (luckily, all on different days) and they are ALL for girls - 5 girls in fact, as one party is for twins. Which is not to say he doesn't have friends who are boys, but I guess the girls just all have birthdays this time of year. The twins, in fact, have the same birthday as my own brother (24 Feb) so I will probably always remember when theirs is. Anyway, looks like we'll be busy over the next few months - I forgot how full of parties Reception year is (when they get older, they have smaller parties with a more select group of friends). Guess I need to stock up on presents. Actually, I think I'm going to make pencil rolls for them all like Olivia and I did for a friend of hers...

2 comments:

Totty Teabag said...

I already read both of your blogs, but in a blogreader, and that means I then have to come over to your blog if I want to post comments....you will already have gathered that I am an idle sod most of the time, but I have made the effort today!! Just to prove that I am not totally reformed, I'll just say that I look forward to seeing more about your dying adventures...

Anonymous said...

As the mother that gave that bit of advice about reading the quilting blog, I am amazed and flattered that my advice was taken. I think that most mothers don't bother to give adult children advice, because we know it will be ignored. That's ok. I never listened to my mother either!