14 August 2011

St Fagans


Another place we visited while in Wales is the Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagans, which is a fantastic open air (mostly) museum with loads of old buildings from various eras of Welsh history. It's huge, and we didn't see nearly everything there, but had a nice time anyway. I didn't take many pictures, apparently, though I did like this one of the lavender in front of the cottage window...


...and a hollyhock.


Here, Alex (and the other kids) had a go at weaving the wattle part of a wattle-and-daub panel in one of the buildings.



And here's Olivia with my friend's youngest (she'll be 4 in the autumn) - I haven't spent much time with 3 year olds lately; I had forgotten how determined they are to do things their own way - and I mean that in the best possible way - she's lovely, but knows just what she wants and how things are going to be!

No comments: