11 April 2015

Book 29: CIimbing the Mango Trees by Madhur Jaffrey


I'm not a big reader of non-fiction, as you'll have gathered by now, and I'm really not keen on biography, but I do enjoy the occasional memoir/travel book, especially when it involves food. This was a very light memoir about Madhur Jaffrey's childhood in India, very readable and with lots of descriptions of food. I read most of it yesterday afternoon sitting in the sunshine on the patio  (an appropriate place to do so, I think!) and finished it off today at Alex's swimming lesson. Some family recipes included at the back, too. Though I have several MJ cookbooks already.

1 comment:

sophie said...

It sounds interesting. I have some of her cookbooks, too, and was a little surprised to see her name attached to a non-cookbook.