07 January 2003

Finally, back to school today. And what a surprise when we woke up to find the ground covered in snow! They did mention it might snow, but one never takes these things all that seriously in London. It's mostly gone by now, but the kids had a great time walking to school in it, and Olivia has insisted that we save her snowball in the freezer until Daddy gets home so that he can see it. I did try to explain that he would have seen the snow on his way to work, but it didn't quite get through.

Olivia had her first swimming lesson yesterday, and enjoyed that - she's totally fearless, as I expected, and she'll probably be swimming like a fish in no time. I have a feeling that she will actually learn to swim before Sarah, although Sarah insists that her class of swimmers will automatically be better than Olivia's because they are older (this despite the fact that both are classes for total beginners). Whatever. As long as they are both happy, and as long as they both learn how to swim, eventually.

Sarah's back to her trampoline class tonight, but because her friend Thalia decided she also wanted to do trampoline this term, Lana and I can alternate weeks in terms of taking them - it's Lana's turn this week, since it's Thalia's very first time. Gives me a free afternoon, which is nice. (Well, I've still got Olivia, of course, so not entirely free, but at least I haven't got to go spend an hour in the Malden Centre with her!) We're going to make some popcorn and sit down and watch a video together - just my speed for an afternoon activitiy...

No comments: