24 January 2003

Still here, nothing happening on the baby front, just in case you are wondering. :)

An uneventful week here, though I had bad news from my friend Kristen in the US, whose sister's husband died unexpectedly yesterday. She says "he had some kind of breathing difficulty and seizure and died, despite my sister doing CPR on him and the paramedics trying to revive him for a long time. We don't know what caused his death, but the coroner has ordered a full autopsy, so we should know in a few days. He did have a heart condition, but was on medication to control it." Even though I'd never met Jim, I of course knew Kristen's sister (I've known Kris since we were about 13, which is a long, long time ago. Some of you know precisely how long.) and so am pretty weirded out myself. And of course, Jessy (the sister) also has about a 6-month old baby, which really doesn't even bear thinking on. As a reminder of how unexpectedly things can happen in life, even when you are very young, I could have done without, frankly. But I'll be sending positive thoughts in their direction, and hope that Jessy finds the strength to cope with this in what's going to be a really hard time for her... Life. Sometimes it can really suck.

No comments: