09 January 2003

More snow yesterday - while the girls were walking to school, which they thought was great. It's still on the ground today, though we haven't had any new snowfall today. Most of the roads are fine, though our street isn't great - it's a cul de sac, so it doesn't get that much traffic, and it's very shaded, so the sun doesn't melt the snow as it might elsewhere. So, slightly slippy, but manageable. Lana and I have been walking the girls to and from school, as that's much easier in this kind of weather, but I do need to get out this evening to take Sarah to her swimming lesson, so I hope the ice won't be a problem. It's really nice for the kids to get a bit of snow, as it's not something we usually get in London at all. And it makes for a very pretty walk to & from school, with the fields all snow covered and so on.

Only a little over a month to go now until the scheduled appearance of Mr Boy. I wouldn't mind if he came a bit early, but frankly, I do hope he waits a week or two longer, so I can have a week or two of Olivia going to nursery in the afternoon - 2 and a half free hours every afternoon - what on earth will I do with myself? Well, I'm sure I can think of something!

No comments: