26 July 2003

Local time, 6.30am

Baby's awake early again. I don't know if he's still jet lagged or if he's going through a growth spurt, or whether it's just that he's thirsty as it's hotter here, and between that and the air conditioning he wants an extra feed. Whatever. It's not that bad, actually, as I can get my email read and something blogged. I hope it gets a little later, though, as once I start really hanging out with friends at night, I may need a little more sleep. It's different when you're on holiday, though, as although we get tired doing stuff, it's fun stuff, rather than stuff like cleaning house, so i don't mind as much :)

Yesterday we went to the Baltimore Inner Harbour and did the Maryland Science Centre and had lunch at Phillips (seafood) with my friend Jen. The girls enjoyed the science centre - it has a kids area with lots of hands on stuff. I think they could have spent most of the day there, though frankly a couple of hours was enough for the grownups. Not sure what we're up to today - we were going to do something with my friend Kristen, but she's got all her relatives descending on her (not quite all, but well, lots of them), so we've rescheduled that. As it's Saturday, we might not do anything really touristy, as those things will be much more crowded. It also partly depends on the weather. I think it's supposed to be really hot today, which means we might not want to do anything likely to be in the strong sunshine all day. Anyway, we'll talk about it when the others get up and see what's what. Some time next week, we're going to try to have a day at the beach, but we definitely won't do that on the weekend.

No comments: