17 July 2003

Today was Olivia's last day at nursery - not last really, as she'll be back in the nursery in the autumn, but last for the year. Sarah finishes tomorrow at 1.30. They're fairly excited, though not as excited as the older kids, or as excited as I remember being as a child (probably older, though). Of course, the break isn't nearly as long here as it is in the US in the summer, so that may cut down on the hyperness a bit. It certainly is better for the parents. Frankly, 6 1/2 weeks is plenty. And it's nice to have a bit of time at Christmas and spread out through the year. Makes the teachers' lives easier, too, I think.

Anyway, less than a week to go until we leave for the US - we're going on Wednesday. I'll have to spend much of Tuesday packing - I've arranged for both girls to go to friends' houses to play for a while on Tuesday, so I'll use the time to pack. Can't believe it's so soon!

No comments: