16 September 2007

Hever Castle, Kent


I wasn't sure what photo to put on the blog from today, as we spent the day at Hever Castle in Kent - there's a quilt show this weekend, so we always go check it out and have a good time in the grounds of the castle, which has a good playground, a hedge maze, a water maze, a big lake and various pretty gardens, lots of topiary and so on (the house is cool too - it's the childhood home of Anne Boleyn - but with the kids, we don't go inside, although I have seen the inside myself - next year we mig, though, as the kids have expressed an interest). Anyway, I decided on this photo for my friend Michael, who is always somewhat envious when we visit castles - Mike - you and Chrissy save your pennies and come for a visit and I promise I will take you to at least 3 castles (including this one) - more if you aren't tired of them by then!
Anyway, that's what we did - hung out at Hever - more photos of the day and of the quilt show are here, on flickr.

3 comments:

country girl said...

Fantastic quilts. As a beginner, I'm in awe of what these quilters have created. Thank you for posting that.

Michael said...

Aww... You're going to make me blush. You selected the picture just for me? I'm honored. And yes, I am envious when you visit castles. And also, yes, we may just have to save our pennies and take you up on your offer...

SophieSophieSunshine said...

:) I visited there last Easter with my family, they organise an Easter Egg hunt, I'm sure your kids would love it!