03 March 2012

Mar 3rd: Frenchish Chicken and Red Wine Casserole (new)


Recipe Source: Delicious Low-Fat Recipes by Silvana Franco

Tasting Notes:  this was lovely. Often when you cook chicken without the skin, it's dry, but this was nice and juicy, from cooking in so much liquid I guess. I used only thighs, not drumsticks (and one breast, which was lurking in the freezer). And I used Kalamata olives, not black - we all prefer them. The bread topping was great. I took the lid off the pan completely for the last 20 minutes or so of cooking (before putting the bread on and putting it in the oven) and turned the heat up, to reduce the liquid a bit. Just the right amount of orange (I used quite a small one; if it was larger, I might only juice half of it) - any more would be too much. 


Here it is before I've finished putting the bread on and putting it in the oven...


No comments: