10 May 2014

The Finished Room (well, nearly)


And here we have it - the space, with the furniture back, and the books, and most of the decorations.  This is the view into the dining room from the other half of the room. Nice to have my books back - I missed them!


Here are the two new workstations with storage, on either side of the chimney breast. We will also get an armchair (possibly two, but as we think it might be cramped that way, we'll get one first and see) for in front of the chimney breast. And eventually, two desk chairs (this one is old but ok, so we'll make do for the moment).   Also, the new photo frames on the chimney breast - the girls and I had fun filling these!


This is standing near the chimney breast looking into the dining room - you can see the cookbook bookcase in this photo. I missed those books, too!


And here, standing in the dining room looking back at the other room. There will be some pictures/whatever on the walls - not huge numbers, but some. And there will be a rug on the floor (and of course, the armchair I mentioned before). 

Here are the photos on the wall now - the choice of photos was largely dictated by the size of the frames - all the photos are 4x6, so unless I want to fiddle around resizing (which I may do someday) some of my favourite photos just won't go in there. There's only one picture of my mother, for this reason - most of the ones I have of her which I like are the wrong size. Same with my favourite photo of my Grandma Taffy and two of my cousins...  


top row: My friends Michael and Jennifer at my wedding, my grandfather and my mother, Olivia, Alex & Geoff
2nd row: my great-grandparents (father's mother's parents) on their wedding day, the girls when little, me holding my baby neice
3rd row: family photo 2012, Geoff's dad as a very young sailor; my brother & sis in law back when newlyweds (with JR the dog)
4th row: my friend Cathi & me in univeristy on a boat; kids with Cathi's kids in Cornwall a few years ago; baby Sarah on the swing


top row: Family photo under a tree in Cambridge, March 2014; Geoff's dad as a young man; my gorgeous neice
2nd row: the girls when Olivia was about 1.5; my dad shaking hands with President Clinton; my wedding photo
3rd row: my stepdad; Geoff with Sarah at my friend Barbara's wedding; Alex and Olivia in a typical pose
4th: Sarah feeding a swan at Hampton Court with my dad; me & Sarah a long time ago; my dad's mother on her wedding day, with her parents


top row: me & Sarah on Chesil Beach in 1997; my grandmother Friedel; me & the kids at Kew Gardens, 2003
2nd row: my friend Barbara & her husband Brian on their wedding day (couldn't get the glare off that photo); with friends in Cambridge, March 2014; my grandmother's cousin Dorothy
3rd row: family photo a number of years ago now; Sarah when small; Geoff & his brothers in about 1995?
4th row: my brother with his new baby last summer (at the Grand Canyon!); Alex's birthday recently; Geoff's mum as a girl

1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

looks wonderful...im jealous of all your bookshelves! :)