14 June 2016

Book 52: The Stand, Stephen King (re-read)


After the Springsteen concert, I got to thinking about this book [it was the quote from Jungleland in the book which first prompted me to really get into Springsteen's music, other than just Born to Run, which was about all you heard on the radio in those (pre-Born in the USA) days. We're talking about somewhere around 83 or 84 - the Stand was written in 1979, but I know I read it when I was in high school, as that's when I went through my Stephen King phase.]   Anyway, I've read it twice, I think - once in high school and once probably 15 years ago or so. Decided it was time to visit it again. Which is mainly why it seems I haven't read anything in ages. I did have a couple of books I tried and didn't get into, which never helps. Verdict on The Stand - still excellent.

No comments: