04 July 2007

Happy Waffle Day...I mean, Independence Day

Today I have been mostly...making waffles. See, a while back I offered to bring my waffle iron into nursery and do waffleswith the kids, and as it happened, today was the day. This was due to Wednesday being cooking day, this week being "w" for the sound of the week and it also being Independence Day (waffles being a sort of American thing. Not to mention me. This way, the teacher could tick a lot of boxes in the curriculum - cooking, cultures, "w" and so on). So I came into the nursery in the morning and made waffles. I hadn't planned to do it for the afternoon nursery as well, but in the end, it seemed the easiest thing to do for one reason or another. So Alex and I went home, grabbed a quick lunch, and went back to nursery. He seemed to enjoy being at nursery twice and I didn't mind making waffles again, though I did say no when Olivia spied the waffle iron and asked if I'd make waffles after school...


The photo has nothing to do with the waffles - fried eggs were part of dinner - we had three different eggs from the current box of 6 with double yolks - here are two of them. I'll be interested to see whether the rest of the box is double as well.

Anyway. Happy Fourth of July to all you Yanks out there - hope you have a great barbecue (or whatever) and nice fireworks. I have to say, I'm glad it's not the Fourth of July here (you know what I mean) as the weather is once again, completely rubbish. If my mom is reading this, I must remember to tell her to pack accordingly - rain, rain and more rain. Not particularly cold, just icky....

No comments: