06 July 2007

Plethora of blogging & birds

So, those of you who visit regularly may have noticed I'm trying to blog more frequently over here, even if it's just short and sweet. Or short but not sweet. I mean, if I can manage to blog more or less daily in my quilt blog, why can't I do it here? [If you are interested in the answer to this, it has to do with the quilting blog being somewhat of a journal for personal reference as well as for the public eye and also to do with me forgetting when I do the same twelve things on a Wednesday that I always do, that not everyone is as used to them as I am, and therefore, some might find them interesting. I could go on, but you'll be pleased to hear I won't at the moment.]

Anyway, I keep TRYING to get a picture of the woodpecker that comes to feed at our nut feeder to post here - he (or she) has been visiting nearly every day in the past few weeks, but I swear that thing can sense the camera - it always takes off just when I get the camera ready. Or else (like this morning) it spent the entire 6-7 minutes it was on the feeder on the far side of the feeder, where you couldn't see it through the camera. Grr. Maybe someday soon. The other morning, we had not only the woodpecker but also some of the green parakeets we sometimes get and to top that off, when I went around to my friend Caroline's house, they had a bird of prey (we think maybe a sparrowhawk but neither Caroline, her DH, nor I have much knowledge of birds of prey) in their garden, eating its catch - from the feathers leftover later, a smaller bird of some sort. And in a suburban garden - how cool is that?

No comments: