24 February 2013

Dinner, 24/2/13: Italian Pot Roast, with polenta


This is a recipe from The Gourmet Slow Cooker by Lynn Alley. I'm very fond of my slow-cooker, especially in the winter. Not only is it a good way to use cheaper cuts of meat and have them come out well, but it fills the house with fantastic smells and also, especially on Sunday, means that instead of having to get up and go cook right at the time I'm enjoying my last gasp of relaxing-and-doing-nothing before the end of the weekend (and in this case, week's holiday), I can carry on sitting and relaxing.  Yes, you have to do a bit of cooking in the morning, but that's ok, you have more get up and go then!

Anyway, this was a lovely pot roast, with a rich tomatoey sauce. I served it with polenta (I bought the ready-cooked kind and just fried it a little in a frying pan), which was a perfect match - the texture was great with the sauce. We'll be having this again for sure.

2 comments:

Kate North said...

testing!

Kate North said...

one more time