09 April 2013

A little V&A


We went up to the V&A to check out the David Bowie exhibit (except my mother, who doesn't care about David Bowie, but loves the V&A anyway) - and while I can't share any photos from the exhibit (none allowed) we also spent a little time browsing some other bits of the museum.  I've been to the V&A many times, and try hard to resist the temptation to always end up in the same areas, so this time, we headed for an area I haven't been in too many times - the rooms which comprise the Britian 1500-1760 part of the collection.  It's hard to photograph things behind glass, I think, though I did take some photos anyway, but I loved this layout, with the bust admiring itself in the mirror while the little cherubs looked on...


We also checked out the recently redeveloped fashion gallery and saw some of the oriental art in the long corridor which leads to it from the information desk. I liked these little guys - reminded me of Hare Krishnas. 


This was a nice jeweled ornament.


And this chap managed to be friendly and impressive at the same time. I have dozens more photos, but I'll spare you the bulk of them - most are small details of things I like - some of them even in focus!

No comments: