18 May 2013

Dinner, 18/5/13: Country Pork with Vegetables (and Asparagus)


I meant to cook new potatoes to go with this, and forgot, but it was still fine - from a Slimming World cookbook, this pork and veg dish is lowfat, but the pork is still relatively moist, as it's all cooked in the oven together, covered in foil.  I couldn't find a recipe online, but essentially it's pork steaks or loin cut into small pieces, with leeks, celery, red pepper and tomatoes, and some dried sage, a bit of chicken stock and covered in foil and cooked for about 45 minutes, or until it's done.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy as we say. Which reminds me, there's a squeeze of lemon juice in it, as well. 

And some asparagus (first of the season - thanks to my friend Lana for going along and picking it - we tried last weekend, but they weren't open yet) along the side. Yum.

1 comment:

Sharon W. said...

Whew! I am relieved to see that the "famine" is over!!! This looks great (except for the red peppers that sometimes do not like me)......and pork loin being on sale in our area, i might try it.