26 May 2013

Dinner, 26/5/13: Middle Eastern Lamb with Figs and Honey


Another slow cooker recipe from the I Love My Slow Cooker cookbook by Beverly LeBlanc. (Couldn't find the recipe online, but let me know if anyone wants it.) This used two types of figs - dried, in the slow cooker from the beginning, and fresh, put in just before the end. It also had fennel in it, which I love, but which is not universally popular due to the aniseedy flavour. However, in this dish, all the flavours just mellowed gently into one another - the way your results should be in a slow cooker - and it was lovely. It also had preserved lemons in it, which was useful, as I have half a jar of preserved lemons in my fridge still.  I'm thinking chicken with preserved lemons and almonds might make an appearance soon, too!

No comments: