22 June 2013

A night with the Killers


As those of you who are friends with me on Facebook will probably have worked out, Sarah and I went to Wembley yesterday to see the Killers. We had pitch standing/unreserved seats tickets, and because I am a lovely mum and an extremely nice person all round, I agreed not only to spend a large quantity of the day queueing to get good seats (stands?) but to stand crammed in with a billion people on the pitch for the entirety of the concert. It was a long concert!  I don't think I'd bother to stand again - a bit hard on the old kneed, but the queueing wasn't so bad, and you could get very good seats if you got there early. We were, in the end VERY close to the stage - about 4 rows of people back from the barricades, at the start - by the end of the evening, we were a little further back but still very close. From where we were standing, Brandon Flowers was really really tall on the big screens (and pretty decent size in actual life). Through the whole show, we were actually close enough to see the facial expressions of the people on stage without looking at the screens. It was pretty cool.


These photos are courtesy of Sarah - my phone doesn't take fantastic photos; her's are much better. 


This is a view of the stadium in one song where they asked everyone to hold up their phones on a whitescreen (modern equivalent of lighters!). 


Here's where they shot out tons of confetti from the stage - the confetti was red foil K's and silver foil lightning bolts - yes, we took a few handfuls home with us (we got lots, because we were near the front). 


This is one of my favourite shots that Sarah took. I think this would make a great poster. 

1 comment:

McIrish Annie said...

So jealous! Love the killers. Definitely on my concert bucket list with coldplay, muse and the stones.

How cool to go with yr daughter!