28 June 2013

Dinner: 28/6/13: Selection of Dishes...


...which I forgot to photograph, as we were having so much fun chatting...   My friend Karol-Ann and her mum (who is visiting from South Africa) came down from Yorkshire for the tennis and then came and stayed over with us.  We were joined by Lana, a friend who lives in my road, and her mum (who is visiting from Australia) and her kids (her husband was away for the weekend). I did feel like we were perhaps missing my own mum from this gathering (who would have been visiting from the US - see the connection?) but it was lovely nonetheless. I didn't get a photo of the dishes that Lana brought - a sausage and rice dish with tomatoes and a chickpea and chorizo thing with red wine - both of which were very yummy - but luckily, there were leftovers of the things I made, so I managed to photograph them after the fact...


Warm butterbean salad with bacon & carrots.


Chicken, new potato and artichoke salad.


Spinach and cheese frittata.

There was also lots of cheese and crackers to start (and finish) and some bread, and vanilla ice-cream


which again, I only managed to photograph after the fact...  And the fresh strawberries for the top of the ice-cream? Nope - but I'll let you in on a secret - they looked like strawberries...


No comments: