13 April 2014

A little spring walk


Gorgeous weather today, so this afternoon, Alex and I walked up to Worcester Park high street with some bags for the charity shop (to have a goal) - we walked past school, with this lovely tree in bloom outside...


and of course, we walked past my favourite tree (actually before you get to school, but I'm blogging these out of order so the first photo which shows is the blossom...).


We walked past the horses and ponies - this one was actually under my favourite tree hanging out - he was a little disappointed that Alex didn't have anything for him to eat (there are signs asking people not to feed them, but it doesn't seem to stop the ponies from looking for treats). 


After the high street (no photos of that, as it's not very interesting) we walked back through a housing estate called the Hamptons, which is right across from school. It's built on a reclaimed brownfield site - used to be a water treatment plant - and one of the things they included was a wetland area, with a boardwalk. It's not a huge area, but it's nice, and I love that it's only 15 minutes walk from the house...


We then walked down a path, past the stables where the horses live, 


up the gravel road past the stables


and around to the cemetary, so we could walk back home through the cemetary (the back gate leads into the park behind our house) - this is a circular walk that we often do in one fashion or another, though usually without the trip to Worcester Park in there. These fritillaries were growning in the lawn in part of the cemetary - wish I'd had my proper camera with me instead of just my phone!


Had to take a photo of this - among the floral tributes laid out in the walkway in the cemetary - isn't it great? I wonder if the deceased drove one, or whether he just liked them...


and then back home - these bluebells are just in the alleyway behind our row of houses - lovely, though!

No comments: