04 April 2014

Renovations, Day 16


The rest of the ceiling is wallpapered now, 


and the wallpaper on the walls has begun - this bit was particularly tricky, apparently, but it should go more quickly now as the rest of the walls are a little more straight and flat and full drops...


Also, the last of the skirting board (the bit on the wall under the radiator) has been removed.  So now, nothing will happen for a week, while our builder goes on holiday for a week with his family. But it's already a lot nicer on the ceiling, so that's a bonus!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the renovations, Kate.

I don't know that I've ever heard of wallpapering a ceiling. So, I have to ask, why would you wallpaper it instead of painting it. And, perhaps more importantly, how in the hell does one apply the wallpaper over their heads? For the life of me, I can't imagine how that can be done. Do you have any pictures of that process?

-Todd