16 April 2014

An evening in...North Greenwich


The girls and I had tickets to see Elbow at the O2 arena (formerly the Millennium dome, or during the Olympics, the North Greenwich Arena), so we decided to go up early and get something to eat, and poke around. I had forgotten about the Emirates SkyLine until we got up there, but it seemed like the perfect thing to do on a lovely spring evening with time to kill...


...but first, some dinner at Wagamama.  An outside table in the glorious sunshine! 


Juice was drunk (and beer, by me),


salads eaten (and noodles, and other treats, including...


chili squid). 


And then, the trip on the skyline (just a cable car which crosses the river - great views, though).


Here's the sun over the O2, just beginning to set.


Olivia working out where she wants to take a good selfie on the skyline.


Sarah watching the oncoming cable cars...


And then back to the O2 for the concert - we were in the seats because I'm an old fart who doesn't really like to stand (and anyway, no under 16s were allowed on the floor on this occasion). 


Photos at concerts on your phone don't really show much - I hadn't bothered to take a decent camera as it's heavy and anyway, I didn't think there'd be a lot to photograph. If I'd thought about the skyline in advance, I'd have taken it!  No worries, when Alex and I head to the Lego Show in November, we'll use it again, as it's at the ExCel, which is on the north side of the river.  

No comments: