16 November 2014

Dinner, 16/11/14: Beef Stew


It's very tricky to take an attractive photo of stew, but this one isn't too bad - still in the slow cooker.  I love using the slow-cooker on the weekend, Sunday especially, as it seems to stretch the day out a bit if you don't have to get up from whatever you are doing and cook dinner, as the weekend is beginning to wind down. Particularly in the winter, I tend to use the slow-cooker a lot on weekends; this winter will be no exception, despite my kids fussing about "always having stew" (we don't - we have lots of other slow-cooked things, too, like curries and casserole...).

There's no recipe for this stew; it's stewing beef, which I coat in seasoned flour and then fry in a little oil, before placing on top of cut up potatoes, celery, carrots, and in this instance parsnips, as I had some spare ones. A bit of beef stock in for cooking, and Bob's your uncle. Or at least, Stew's your supper.

No comments: