08 November 2014

Dinner, 8/11/14: Mini Toads in the Hole, Spring Greens


Bonfire night fireworks tonight - even in the rain - but for some reason I always think of sausages as being a Bonfire Night kind of meal.  Tonight I decided to do mini Toads in the Hole - I used to make one big one, but I find it doesn't rise as well in the middle as single ones - probably to do with heat distribution. I make single ones in a muffin tin, and I used chipolatas - cut into thirds, with two pieces in each cup. I cook the sausages in a tiny bit of oil in the tins first, then add the Yorkshire Pudding batter when they are ready. 


I usually use Gary Rhodes' Classic Yorkshire Pudding batter, which I have scanned (badly - the book is too large to fit sensibly (and flat) on my scanner) below. I did adapt it to make more - I used 250g of flour, 2 eggs & 1 white and 400 ml milk. This made just the right amount of batter for 2 12 hole muffin tins. If you don't put sausages in them, they'll rise more than these did!



No comments: