21 January 2012

Jan 15th: Cauliflower and broccoli canneloni


Recipe source: uncertain, but not Good Food, I think - doesn't look like their font.  OK, found the recipe on the Food Network website as well, and it's by Jamie Oliver, which means I probably got it from Sainsbury's Magazine.

Tasting notes: we love this. Found it a little gloopy the first time, but better the second, I think I used a little less passata - maybe 500g instead of 700g.  I've done this with both lasagne sheets and canneloni tubes, and it's good both ways. It really does take the prep time it says - and maybe a little more - the whole process of making the veg puree is a little time consuming, but once it's in the oven, you can just leave it. Once when I made it, I didn't have enough creme fraiche, so I just made a small amount of white sauce and used that with what creme fraiche I had. 

No comments: