11 January 2015

Dinner, 11/1/15: Beef and Aubergine Tagine


This is a slow-cooker recipe, which we've had before, though not recently. I like to do a slow-cooker meal on Sundays when I can, as it gives the illusion that the weekend lasts longer, as I don't have to use the bulk of the end of my weekend in the kitchen cooking. We take what we can get!  Last time we made this, I had noted that we thought it would benefit from some veg thrown in a bit later for more texture, so I used one small aubergine to start and added a second about halfway through the cooking time. Which was nice - the aubergine was still soft, but there were some identifiable chunks there, much to the disgust of my children. There was also a note that we'd like more lemon - I didn't add more lemons as I only had a partial jar, so I just used what I had.   From the Cookbook I (heart) my slow-cooker, by Beverly LeBlanc.


No comments: