16 February 2018

Dinner, 16/2/18: Spicy roast root vegetable soup


Alex and I have been out every night this week (since Tuesday) with the Sou'west Gang Show - he's performing and I've been supervising in the dressing rooms - tonight I am watching the show from the audience, so I am actually home to cook dinner - this is a soup made from roasted leftover root veg - mostly butternut, parsnip and sweet potatoes, which I roasted with some Indian spices before blitzing up. We had bread with it. It may not look exciting, but it tasted good. There was an optional sprinkly of feta cheese for those who like such things. I'm out again tomorrow, but from Sunday on, there will be cooking again.  Geoff's been cooking for himself (and Olivia, if she's around) in my absence, but he doesn't remember to photograph what he makes, so I have nothing to share from those evenings!

No comments: