28 May 2018

Book 42: A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny


Sometimes when I blog about my reading, it looks like I'm reading a book a day, but it's usually just because I have several on the go at once and then tend to finish them up all at once as well. However, in this case, I really did read this book all in one day - we had some friends around to lunch and were talking about Louise Penny; I've had the most recent two up in my room waiting to be read for a few weeks (after suddenly realising I hadn't read one in a while and she usually writes one a year, at least). So I picked it up and really enjoyed it, so didn't go to bed until 1.30 because I was finishing it. It's not the very best of the series, probably, but I did feel it was stronger in some ways - more realistic, certainly, than the previous one. And some of the newly introduced characters have potential to extend into more permanent fixtures...

No comments: