01 May 2018

May declutter, day 1: 1 item (1 total)


For the past couple of years, I've done a spring decluttering in the house, using a technique I saw on the internet somewhere, which appealed to me - the idea is you choose a month, then get rid of one item the first day, two the second, three the third, and so on, until the end of the month. The total is pretty substantial at the end of the month. I'm not a hoarder by any means, but things do tend to get cluttered if you don't take the time to go through things and get rid of those things which no longer fit or aren't needed or whatever. So, to kick off this year, it's a wallet - it's new - nothing wrong with it except that after I bought it I decided it was too large for the person I wanted to give it to. It wasn't expensive, so I kept it in case I could think of someone else to give it to, but in the end, I think it will do better going into the bag for raffle prizes/tombolas next time I'm asked to donate something.

No comments: