29 August 2007

Bunratty Folk Park


So, today's activity was to take the kids over to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park - there's a castle there (you may have guessed) and lots of historical Irish buildings from different periods of history - I'm not sure if all of them are actual buildings, but certainly some have been moved from other locations (for instance, a cottage which was originally situated where the main runway of Shannon airport is now). It was pretty interesting, in a touristy way, and I think the kids liked it a lot. Apparently they also do medieval banquets and the like - probably a bit naff, I'm sure you can imagine the sort of thing.

As usual, loads of photos...

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

As you know I've been following your trip and now I really really want to see Ireland!