01 August 2007

Shedloads of stuff - literally


Given that it was due to be sunny all day and we had to stay home to wait for the new shed to be delivered (which it wasn't, but that's another story) I decided we should clean out the shed, and make sure everything was dry after all the flooding. Our shed is a bit Tardis-like: a lot more can fit in there than it looks like from the outside. Here's most of it, on the grass in the sun. You can't see all the pots on the side, but trust me, there are quite a few. The washing, of course, wasn't in the shed, either before or after...

And now, we have a tidy shed, relatively free of cobwebs (for about 3 days, I reckon) and a pile of stuff to go to the tip at the weekend (not my job).

I should add that we none of us really minded being at home today (Sarah was at tennis camp anyway) as we had a busy day yesterday - Olivia & my mother & I went shopping in Kingston, including a very civilised lunch outside in the sunshine at a pub along the river and Alex spent the day with his friend Nancy, playing in the morning and at a birthday party for a mutual friend in the afternoon - frankly, we all were happy to have some downtime, it's just annoying when things aren't delivered...

No comments: