20 August 2013

And now, for some more Tuesday...


In addition to Mt Vernon, we spent some time at Barbara's house, before and after the Mt Vernon visit.  For one thing, there were kittens to be played with - not many photos of that, as the room was very dark. But you can see one of them - not sure which, probably Sam, who is less shy - getting ready to pounce on the boing-pom-pom thing.


There was also time to browse Barbara's garden, and though my bug photos are certainly not the equal of hers (in addition to not having the patience and talent, I also don't have a macro lens on my camera), I did find a few interesting creatures to photograph, like this ambush bug,


a wooly caterpillar


and a grasshopper.


Being me, I also took photos of some flowers and seedheads....



I find things that are done blooming almost more interesting than the things that are in full bloom!


No comments: