21 February 2015

Book 15: Foolish Mortals, Jennifer Johnston


I always enjoy a Jennifer Johnston, and was pleased to pick this up in a charity shop a while back. A great portrait of a rather disfuntional family in the lead up to Christmas - a very quick read, partly because it's very readable, but also, there's lots of dialogue, which reads quickly. Not much to say about it, except the characters are well drawn and ring true (in a novelistic, slightly over the top, Irish Character way in some cases) and the whole thing, while somewhat High Drama also feels quite real. 

I think I've read 5 or 6 books by Johnston, but there's quite a few more than that listed inside, so perhaps I should check the library and see if they've any more in stock (because I need more books to read!)



No comments: