02 February 2015

Dinner, 2/2/15: Top Quesadillas (with Brussels Sprouts!)


A new (to us) recipe - this one from Jamie's Oliver's Comfort Food book - and one which I was very curious about - the filling is brussels sprouts & onion, and cheese. And I have to say - they were absolutely gorgeous. Sounds a little odd, maybe, but we loved them (all of us, kids and adults). I had forgotten until recently just how nice sprouts can be when cooked in good ways (i.e. not boiled to death) and this is a great example. I did change the recipe a little - for one thing, I increased the amount. Also, I had half a bag of shredded mozzarella in the fridge already, so I mixed that with the pecorino that the recipe calls for. And I didn't make his tortillas, I used bought ones - though I might try making the tortillas some day, if I make this on a weekend, when I have a little more time.  Definitely a keeper.

I've found a couple of versions of this online, one in the Times, which only shows the first bit, unless you are a subscriber, but at least gives the amounts in English measurements.  I've also found a version of it on an American food site, which gives the full instructions, but the measurements are in US measures - all audiences catered for here - so to speak!



No comments: