27 February 2015

Dinner at Yauatcha


Dinner out for our anniversary at Yauatcha in Soho - the best dim sum I've ever had. The rest of it was great too, though I did find the table lacked leg room a little...  

Sometimes when I'm dining out in fancy places, I don't photograph my food as it seems tacky, but this was the type of place where you definitely could do that without feeling odd, so of course I did. I didn't take a picture of everything we ate, but here's a good selection.  Rather than go a la carte (which hurts your head - too much choice!), we chose the dim sum menu, and ate:


  • Blue swimmer crab salad with peanut and sesame dressing 
  • Venison puff
  • Poached Peking chicken dumpling (top right) 
  • Har gau 
  • Pork and prawn shui mai (top left) 
  • Seafood dumpling soup (bottom centre) 
  • Three style mushroom cheung fun (bottom left) 
  • Crispy aromatic duck ¼
  • Fried chilli squid with oatmeal and curry leaf (top centre) 
  • Chinese vegetable (top centre)
  • And then I also ordered a citrus tart for dessert, which was lovely  (bottom right)

No comments: