22 June 2015

Books In

 

A couple of "emergency" purchases...  The left hand book I picked up today in a charity shop because I ran some errands between work and getting my hair cut and I still had about 45 minutes to kill - and no book!  Can't have a leisurely coffee with no book... I actually bought 3 books in the charity shop - one for Geoff (a PG Wodehouse) and one which was a shelf copy of a book I've read (from the library ages ago) but have been wanting to own a copy of (The Passion of Artemesia by Susan Vreeland) - so it was a bumper day for that shop. Those two don't count on my list, though, as they aren't going on my TBR shelf. Neither is the Connolly, really, as I started it right away and will carry on with it until it's finished (which shouldn't take long - it seems very readable).

The two on the right I ordered online because I thought I had the second book in the Laini Taylor trilogy at home. In fact, I even re-read the first one in preparation for reading the second. I picked it up to look at it while re-reading the first and realised that what I thought was the second was actually the THIRD - oops!  So I needed to pick up the second, pronto. The Alice Hoffman is a book from my buy list which I got because Waterstones does free UK shipping if you spend at least £10...




No comments: