29 August 2014

A flying visit to Harrogate


I spent most of the day today at the Great Northern Quilt Show, at the Showgrounds on the outskirts of Harrogate, but my friend needed to pop into the centre of town to run an errand, so while she was doing that I had a very quick peek around - starting, of course, with the famous Betty's Tea Rooms - of which this is the front window. You'll pardon, I hope, the dreadful photos, which were taken with my phone...



Here I am standing across the square from Betty's, looking towards it - it's behind that annoying car, which wasn't there when I started to take the photo...


...and from another angle.

As we didn't have much time and we were both tired from the show, we just had a very brief look around (she's been lots of times) and then back home. I did spot this rather intriguing statue of a man leaning over the road, from atop a building - wonder who he is and what he's doing? [And yes, I'm really missing my proper camera - I got a call today that it's fixed and I can collect it, but unfortunately, I'm in Yorkshire and it's in Surrey, so it will be a few days yet...]


No comments: