19 August 2014

Mucking about in Camden Market


Geoff's office is in Camden, so once in a while we pop up to see him and then have a poke around the market - we won't be able to do this much longer, as they are moving to the City in December... Doesn't mean we can't go up to Camden, but can't grab Geoff and go out for a bite to eat, as we did yesterday. 


After a half an hour wandering around the food stalls on the Lock side of the market (here are some of them on the Camden Lock Global Kitchen website), we finally chose what we wanted to eat. Geoff had some polish sausage (no photo of that as he'd finished by the time I made it back to the table with my food - it might have been from this stall, though), but the rest of us ended up with different kinds of ethnic wraps. Not surprisingly, a lot of street food is wrapped in something - makes sense as it's easy to eat on the go. Sarah had a wrap from a Turkish stall, with minced beef, feta, spinach, etc in a thin, almost filo-style wrap. Olivia's was also Middle Eastern - she had a Lahmacun from this stall


And I had a chicken masala wrap from Food in the Middle's roti stall...  Just wish I'd been able to eat two or three lunches as everything was VERY tempting...


I don't have many photos from the day, unfortunately, as my camera is not well and is being made better by my local (ish) camera guy.  So I just had my phone, which takes good snaps for posting to social media, but doesn't handle REAL photos...


I did, of course, manage to take a photo of the girls drinking outdoors (actually, Olivia is holding my drink at the moment, but who needs to get technical about things).  They are standing waiting for a chap on the other side of the market to cook some churros. Mmmm. Alex, who is at Scout Camp this week, will be sorry to have missed the food, but probably not that bothered about missing the several hours of poking around market stalls (many of which are jewellery and clothes) we did after lunch - Geoff, of course, went back to work...

No comments: