31 August 2014

Mixed Fruit Cobbler


I've been away on holiday to a place where someone has dessert (usually homemade cakes and pies) daily - really what I ought to do is cut out the dessert entirely, but coming home to the half a dozen pears in my fridge which really want using, one sad apple and a dish of plums (also in the fridge, very soft, but not gone bad) I knew I'd have to wait at least one more meal before I cut out the puddings!  I added a handful of blueberries and made a change from my usual "get rid of the soft fruit" pudding (a crumble) by going for a cobbler, with a biscuity topping. It was lovely, if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

Excuse me!! Not daily! Well not quite LOL. However, it is more often than not if we have guests! (ps double batch of pastry in fridge ready for next batch of puds LOL!)