25 August 2014

A walk along the canal in Skipton


After our gorgeous lunch, on the way back to where we are staying, we stopped in Skipton, for a walk along the canal and a browse down the high street. 


It was drizzling a tiny bit, but not enough to be a problem, so we just wandered along the tow path, along the canal, behind Skipton Castle (we didn't bother to go actually tour round it) and then wended our way back to our temporary home...




[I'm really missing my camera at the moment - it's being repaired as it had a problem with the electronics - wouldn't turn on - I'm using our day-to-day point and shoot but it's not the same thing at all.  Sometimes I'm using my phone, which is REALLY not the same thing.  Oh well, I guess I'll have it back soon,  but it's a shame not to have it on holiday!]




Everywhere we went, there were brightly painted bicycles and bunting shaped like t-shirts in the various jersey colours of the Tour-de-France, as it went through Yorkshire this year in the beginning, before it moved over to France. Must have been exciting having it come through your town!

No comments: