13 April 2016

Dinner, 13/4/16: Baked Risotto Primavera (Good Food)


Although we are back to school after the Easter Holidays, most of the activities which the kids have in the evenings (and indeed, my own yoga class, a Thursday evening item) are not back until next week, which means time to cook a little bit more time-consuming meals than usual. Usually, it's a very tight time window between when I finish doing my after-school tutoring and when someone has to be out of the house for something. Hence all the quick meals and other people cooking and what not. It's nice to get back into the swing of things a little more slowly.   

Normal risotto isn't a dish which takes very long, to be sure, but a little too long for many weekdays. This one is done largely in the oven and it was nice to have a little bit of time in the oven when it didn't require attention, rather than the usual deal with risotto, which is constant stirring. I think I cooked this a bit too long, as the rice was a little more al dente than ideal, but on the whole, a successful approach.

I've tagged this as a vegetarian meal; as it happens, I used chicken stock in mine, because I had the carcass from last weekend's chicken to use, but you could easily make it vegetarian...

No comments: